The trees swayed as the USSS Ward soared overhead. Nightfall had drained them of color; their emerald leaves shone silver in the pre-dawn starlight.
Teri slipped her trembling hand into Michelle’s. “I can’t believe it’s come to this.”
They peered out the portal at the passing scenery, Teri’s mouth agape.
Michelle squeezed her hand. “We’ll find a way to carry on.”
Genre: Science Fiction / Rock Fiction
‘Endless Skies’ by JM Ames, part of the anthology A Contract of Words by Scout Media, is now available worldwide in paperback and a variety of eBook options.
- Direct order signed paperback here
- Direct order paperback or ebook from publisher Scout Media. Includes:
- Free soundtrack on CD. Each song handpicked by the author to represent their story, here
- Order paperback or ebook from Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Booksamillion – all online book retailers.
- Free shipping with Amazon if you have a Prime account here
“The characters are very dynamic and completely realistic, even in their science fiction setting. You can tell he did his research. The story was very well written. I may be biased, because sci-fi is one of my favorites, but I loved this story a lot. … I felt so bad for his character Michelle. She was madly in love with her travel companion, who is more concerned with procreating and saving humanity. … This is a very exciting story that I highly recommend you check out. … Michelle is an awesome character…”
- This is a Rock Fiction adaptation of the Black Sabbath song ‘Planet Caravan,’ and this video in particular.
- All characters and spaceships in the story are named after band members, or other Black Sabbath songs.
- There are A LOT of Black Sabbath Easter Eggs throughout the story.
- While I normally plan out all events in my stories ahead of time, the explicit scene was not. It came to me as I was writing, so I went with it, and kept it as it ended up being the missing catalyst the story needed.