I’ve decided to pull both ‘Not Yet Dark‘ and ‘Beneath the Blue Irises‘ from the market, so I can do some significant rewrites and additions to them. Although the details are different, in both cases I felt the stories were not fully baked and needed changes to get them where I want them to be. I do feel that both contain some of my best writing in parts, just not as a whole.
I’ve also begun outlining a story I’ve had in mind for years, one which I unofficially call ‘All the Changing Seasons.’ This is significant for me personally for a few reasons, one of which is that this is the first net new story I’ve begun writing in well over a year. All other work has been on tweaking\finalizing\marketing old stories, as well as things like the website and the monthly local author readings at Elissimo. Feels good to have those creative juices flowing again!
Expect the Unexpected
Hello, folks! I know I’ve been AWOL lately, but the day job, family life, and medical issues have kept me tied up quite a bit lately. I haven’t gotten much writing in the past couple months as a result. Despite all of that I have made advances with stories already completed, and I have some updates for you all as a result.
- ‘Thankful‘ was published on April 15th, in Zombie Pirate Publishing‘s anthology Flash Fiction Addiction. Ebook and paperback are available now via Amazon or direct from myself. I’ve not had the chance to update the website, so for now, if you would like a signed copy please email me at JMAmesAuthor@gmail.com for a quote. There’s even a tiny promotional video for it on my YouTube channel.
- ‘Karma‘ has just today been accepted into the anthology Monsters – A Dark Drabbles Anthology by Black Hare Press, expected to release on 20th August 2019 in Paperback and eBook formats.
- Both ‘Not Yet Dark‘ and ‘Beneath the Blue Irises‘ have been submitted to publishers, and are awaiting either acceptance or rejection.
- I have joined two writer’s associations as a full member – Southern California Writers Association, whose alumni includes Ray Bradbury, and Third Street Writers, a non-profit organization that does considerable work for the local literary and artistic communities.
- Expect multiple updates to this website in the coming weeks to reflect these and other changes!
Stay tuned for more, and happy Cinco de Mayo!
Expect the Unexpected
It may be some time next month before I can update the website fully, but here are some updates for you in the meantime.
‘The Californian’ has officially been published now in Scout Media’s ‘A Flash of Words’ anthology. You can pick it up now on Amazon or the Scout Media website.
‘Waves’ will be published on February 15th in the ‘Charmed Writers Present Flash Fiction 2019’ anthology. Stay tuned for more details!
While a release date has yet to be announced, ‘Thankful’ has been accepted into Zombie Pirate Publishing’s ‘Flash Fiction Addiction’ anthology. Will provide more detail as I get it.
Both ‘Not Yet Dark’ and ‘Karma’ are out to publishers now.
Stay well-read my friends, and always Expect the Unexpected!
The 100-word, San Francisco-based horror drabble ‘Karma‘ is now officially on the market, and has been added to the Coming Soon page.
My wartime family drama ‘Not Yet Dark‘ is going through some minor last-minute revisions, and will be on the Market within a couple days.
Some teasers for other stories in the works:
* Ally’s Dog – Catalina Island-based story of a powerful young girl, and her unusual connection to an unusual seal – and a Pacific leviathan that threatens the California coast. YA Fantasy
*Untitled – Modern prospectors discover a rich vein of silver in the unincorporated mountains of east Orange County, California. Unfortunately, they discover something else that may not let them leave. Horror
Stay well-read, my friends, and remember to always Expect the Unexpected!