I am thrilled to announce that my San Francisco-based horror drabble ‘Karma‘ has been released TODAY in Black Hare Press’s dark drabble anthology ‘Monsters.’
MONSTERS ARE COMING!
Wendigos, vampires, things that go bump 👹 or hide under the bed, witches 🤡, demons, upirs, kelpies, toad people, zombies 👺, sirens and hundreds of other tiny 🎃 terrifying tales.
AVAILABLE in paperback, hardback, and digital formats
Expect the Unexpected
I’ve been busy organizing a monthly local author’s reading even at Elissimo Coffee in Rancho Santa Margarita, California. The inaugural reading will be on Thursday, July 11th, and will run on the first Thursday of the month after that. I encourage all authors who can make it to sign up for a reading. It doesn’t matter where you are in your career, we have authors scheduled ranging from unpublished to ones who travel the country to do book signings. If you’ve written it, we’d love you to come read it! I also encourage ALL of you that can to come on down and listen to your fellow authors.
I can tell you that Elissimo has fantastic coffee and tea drinks, as well as some of the best pastries you can find. There are also several good places to eat in the complex, if you are looking for a full dinner.
You can read more about the events and the schedule here.
I look forward to seeing you!
In other news, ‘Karma‘ will be published in the anthology Monsters, which is the third in a series of “Dark Drabbles” anthologies by Black Hare Press. It will be published on August 20th, 2019, and is available for preorder now.
A drabble is a form of microfiction, in which the story must be told in exactly 100 words – no more or less.
Expect the Unexpected
Hello, folks! I know I’ve been AWOL lately, but the day job, family life, and medical issues have kept me tied up quite a bit lately. I haven’t gotten much writing in the past couple months as a result. Despite all of that I have made advances with stories already completed, and I have some updates for you all as a result.
- ‘Thankful‘ was published on April 15th, in Zombie Pirate Publishing‘s anthology Flash Fiction Addiction. Ebook and paperback are available now via Amazon or direct from myself. I’ve not had the chance to update the website, so for now, if you would like a signed copy please email me at JMAmesAuthor@gmail.com for a quote. There’s even a tiny promotional video for it on my YouTube channel.
- ‘Karma‘ has just today been accepted into the anthology Monsters – A Dark Drabbles Anthology by Black Hare Press, expected to release on 20th August 2019 in Paperback and eBook formats.
- Both ‘Not Yet Dark‘ and ‘Beneath the Blue Irises‘ have been submitted to publishers, and are awaiting either acceptance or rejection.
- I have joined two writer’s associations as a full member – Southern California Writers Association, whose alumni includes Ray Bradbury, and Third Street Writers, a non-profit organization that does considerable work for the local literary and artistic communities.
- Expect multiple updates to this website in the coming weeks to reflect these and other changes!
Stay tuned for more, and happy Cinco de Mayo!
Expect the Unexpected
It may be some time next month before I can update the website fully, but here are some updates for you in the meantime.
‘The Californian’ has officially been published now in Scout Media’s ‘A Flash of Words’ anthology. You can pick it up now on Amazon or the Scout Media website.
‘Waves’ will be published on February 15th in the ‘Charmed Writers Present Flash Fiction 2019’ anthology. Stay tuned for more details!
While a release date has yet to be announced, ‘Thankful’ has been accepted into Zombie Pirate Publishing’s ‘Flash Fiction Addiction’ anthology. Will provide more detail as I get it.
Both ‘Not Yet Dark’ and ‘Karma’ are out to publishers now.
Stay well-read my friends, and always Expect the Unexpected!
The 100-word, San Francisco-based horror drabble ‘Karma‘ is now officially on the market, and has been added to the Coming Soon page.
My wartime family drama ‘Not Yet Dark‘ is going through some minor last-minute revisions, and will be on the Market within a couple days.
Some teasers for other stories in the works:
* Ally’s Dog – Catalina Island-based story of a powerful young girl, and her unusual connection to an unusual seal – and a Pacific leviathan that threatens the California coast. YA Fantasy
*Untitled – Modern prospectors discover a rich vein of silver in the unincorporated mountains of east Orange County, California. Unfortunately, they discover something else that may not let them leave. Horror
Stay well-read, my friends, and remember to always Expect the Unexpected!