Folks, it is now official. I have written the foreword to Stephanie Ayers‘ upcoming horror collection, The 13: Tales of the Macabre, and it has been accepted. This is a unique honor for me, one which I am quite humbled by.
Fall is shaping up to be quite the busy season!
In addition to two electrifying Flash Fiction anthologies that contain a story of mine coming out, I have had the honor of being asked to write the foreword of an upcoming collection of short stories by a well-known and respected member of the Indie Author community. I am still writing said foreword, but once it is done and the author approves, I will reveal who it is. This really is an incredible honor and a first for me.
Stories I am actively working on:
- Phil – Those of you who have been with me since the beginning may remember this one. It was the very attempt of mine at writing a story. It is quite interesting for me to revisit what I thought was good writing 3 years ago. This is getting a full rewrite. A struggling beauty salon in Cambria, California gets the karmic balance it needs when a highly unusual Rhododendron is placed in it’s waiting area. Fantasy, PG-13.
- Allie’s Dog – Fate brings young Allie together with a young seal pup off of Catalina Island, California. As they grow older, their bond grows unusually deep. When an unnatural disaster threatens the island as a whole, the two must work together to save everyone, including each other. This is a Destiny Reborn story. Fantasy, PG-13.
- Blackstar – Modern-day prospectors search for long-lost veins of gold and silver near Silverado, California. They finally find what they were searching for, but have also found what has been protecting it all these years- and it is not at all happy about that. Fantasy, PG-13
- The Cleansing – Follows a twisted psychopath’s descent into madness, mayhem, and murder. Horror, NC-17.
Which one interests you the most?
Expect the Unexpected.
My wartime family drama ‘Not Yet Dark‘ is going through some minor last-minute revisions, and will be on the Market within a couple days.
Some teasers for other stories in the works:
* Ally’s Dog – Catalina Island-based story of a powerful young girl, and her unusual connection to an unusual seal – and a Pacific leviathan that threatens the California coast. YA Fantasy
*Untitled – Modern prospectors discover a rich vein of silver in the unincorporated mountains of east Orange County, California. Unfortunately, they discover something else that may not let them leave. Horror
Stay well-read, my friends, and remember to always Expect the Unexpected!
Pixie Forest Publishing released their debut anthology, Love Dust, today. While I did not make it into this anthology, I am friends with both of the publishers, as well as many of the authors – some of whom I’ve worked with personally in the previous anthologies*. An incredible amount of talent is behind this book!
“Become immersed in worlds where love is key. In these twelve stories, enjoy tales of new, unexpected, and lost love. Open the pages to discover love that fights through war, abuse, curses, death, and withstands time itself. These stories will touch your heart, make you laugh, and make you cry. Let the authors show you the many ways love can tug at your heartstrings in Love Dust.”
- Susan Gibbons*
- Alisha Massenet
- M.R. Ward*
- Olivia London
- Brandy Bonifas
- Sara Mosier
- Tricia Wentworth
- William Thatch*
- Alan I’Anson
- Barbara Ristine
- Donise Sheppard*
- Jensen Reed
I will give you 20% off the cover price of any one of my books (when ordered direct through me) with proof of purchase of Love Dust. Limit one discount per purchase.
Expect the Unexpected
I am excited beyond words to announce that my horror flash fiction ‘The Californian‘ has been accepted into Scout Media’s upcoming anthology A Flash of Words!
More details to come.
Expect the Unexpected
Hello folks, just wanted to give you an update on several short stories coming your way soon!
‘Waves‘ has been accepted into the anthology Charmed Writers Present Flash Fiction 2018, due out later this year.
‘Thankful‘ has been sent out to a couple publishers, and I am waiting to hear back on it.
‘The Californian‘ is in the hands of one of my editors. Once I get it back, I will work with him on the corrections until we are both satisfied, then it will go out to publishers.
‘Not Yet Dark‘ is out to Alpha readers currently. Once I get input from them, I will make another round of revisions, then send to the Beta Reader team, make another round of revisions based on their feedback, then it goes out to another editor – hopefully while it is still August.
I had fully intended on going back to the unnamed superhero story I am working on with my daughters after those, but I have an opportunity to enter a writing competition in which the winner not only gets published, but also gets a scholarship that can be given to whomever they wish – which would be for my daughters. So I am focusing on that next.
In addition to those updates, I thought I would ask you what else you would like to see on this blog besides updates. Author interviews? Memes? Articles on writing? More personal talk? All of the above? None of it?
Let me know in the comments below, or use this form. 🙂
Expect the Unexpected
Folks, I’ve been hard at work for a couple months now revamping the site, and at this point I can safely say I am done. Sure there may be tweaks to be had in the future, but for now all the content is up to date, the logos redone, and the layout modernized. Please feel free to poke around, and if you find any bugs or have any suggestions, please let me know!
Folks – Lots of overdue changes on the website, but I have already begun updating it. Here are the things you can expect in the near future:
- Both A Contract of Words and Beach Reads: Lost and Found have launched and are available now. Their pages will be set up shortly, but until then if you would like a signed copy, just email me for arrangements.
- This means the Coming Soon! page will be emptied as ‘Endless Skies’ and ‘Blind’ move to the Published Work page.
- ‘The Californian’ will be moved from the Works in Progress page to the On the Market page, as I have finished it and submitted it to an anthology.
- A new story called ‘The Death of Hope’ will be added to the Works in Progress page. This will tie in with my novella-in-progress Becoming.
- I will be adding a new page called Upcoming Novels\Novellas. This will include some details on my future longer works:
- Becoming: A coming-of-age YA Superhero story – Co-written with my daughters
- Fourteen Years: A nonfiction biography. Co-written with Gregory Duncan
- Ursa Major: A mystery\drama that spans half a century.
- Destiny Reborn: A five-novel adventure series.
- New Shipping Options – Continental USA Media Mail will remain at $5. I am adding Priority Mail as an option for $9. International orders are $37 (that is my cost). Prices are based on a single book, for a quote on multiple books please email me.
- I now accept Venmo as payment. This is not available via the website yet, but again it is via email. I am exploring other options as well.
Stay well-read, my friends!