I am thrilled beyond words to announce that my 1920s thriller drabble ‘Coward No More’ is included in the upcoming anthology Twenty Twenty, due out in just two days (02/20/20)!
Please note this is a charity anthology, so ALL profits go to Australian Bushfire Charities. I will have my copies shortly. You can either pre-order directly through me via email or on Amazon.
Stay charitable, my friends!
Check out my interview over on the Elissimo Author events Facebook page!
Well, it is a new year and in many, many ways a new me. What am I working on now? Quite a few things, actually. I am fully aware of how much I need to update this website as well (a few things have been published or are soon to be since the last update).
In no particular order, here they are. I hope to release all by the end of the year:
1. The Best Spice (final edits) – Dark Fantasy – Aiming for a well-known SciFi/Fantasy magazine for publishing – Asterius seeks to satiate his appetites in a desolate tavern. He finds what he is looking for, and so much more…
2. WAVEs (final edits before re-release) – Historical Thriller – A young woman mourns the death of her father by honoring him the only way she can.
3. Who Knows Where (final edits) – Literary – A man loses his job, falls into a depression, and contemplates his next move.
4. Not Yet Dark (rewrites) – Thriller – A man seeks vengeance for the mindless death of his daughter, but realizes too late he has taken it too far. Based on Bob Dylan’s Masters of War.
5. Sweet Caroline (developing) – Horror – For an anthology call – Set in the late 1980s. A struggling thrash-metal band travels to a backwater bar in the Appalachian mountains, only to get attacked by werewolves… and survive.
6. Evil Minds (developing) – Science Fiction\Political Thriller – For an anthology call – This is a prequel to my story ‘Endless Skies‘ in A Contract of Words. When the Earth’s future starts to look bleak, Teri and Michelle sign up for a program that promises to save Humanity. Based on Black Sabbath’s War Pigs.
7. The Devil You Know (developing) – Horror – A family vacation takes a turn into the deadly unknown when their camper breaks down in the Jersey Pine Barrens late at night, and comes under attack by an unkown force.
Let me know which of these interests you the most!
From right now until 11:59:59 PM Pacific on Monday. 12/02/2019, ALL of my books, any format, are $5 off my already discounted prices here – each, with unlimited amounts. This means all ebooks are FREE!
To ensure you get the correct discount, please email me at JMAmesAuthor@gmail.com with your order, and I will send you a quote back. I accept most forms of payment including PayPal and Venmo.
You can get a breakdown of most of what is available here: https://jm-ames.com/published-work/, although Karma has also been published and is now available in ebook, paperback, and even hardback!
Stay well-read, my friends, and enjoy this holiday season!
I am quite happy to get to post once more before my hiatus fo an announcement. The thriller drabble (100-word story) ‘The Plunge’ that was mentioned in my post on November 13th has been accepted into the anthology Hate by Black Hare Press!
‘The Plunge’ was an experimental piece for me, as it is written in both the second person point-of-view, and in the future tense – both of which are rarely done alone, let alone together.
Hate is slated for publication on March 3rd, 2020.
Updates on a few things here.
The Bad Romance anthology, which includes my romantic thriller short ‘Beneath the Blue Irises’ is estimated to be published on January 28th, 2020.
My dark fantasy short story ‘The Best Spice’ has been submitted to an anthology. No word yet on if has been accepted.
My thriller drabble ‘The Plunge’ has been submitted to an an anthology. No word yet if it has been accepted.
I will be going on a bit of a hiatus for a couple months to have a much-needed surgery. As a result, the monthly Author Spotlight readings at Elissimo have been suspended, likely until February 2020. We have a lot planned for these events moving forward, so stay tuned for those details. In the meantime, everyone enjoy the Holiday Season with your loved ones, and I’ll see you in 2020!
Folks, A Haunting of Words, which includes my horror short ‘Only the Dead Go Free’ is now on sale! The price is $9.99 for the paperback and $0.99 for the ebook for the rest of October only.
I am as pleased as punch to announce that my romantic horror story ‘Beneath the Blue Irises‘ has been accepted into Black Hare Press‘s upcoming anthology Bad Romance. More details as I get them …
Hello again, folks!
I am thrilled to announce that our next Local Author Spotlight reading over at Elissimo Coffee is right around the corner – Thursday, October 3rd. Come on by and hear some of your favorite local authors read their art for you!
If you are a local author and want to read in this or future events, please email me at JMAmesAuthor@gmail.com, with the subject ‘Local Author Spotlight at Elissimo,’ and we will get it all set up. Alternatively, you can fill out the form at the bottom of this page.
Reading authors are invited to bring their own books to sell if they wish. All readings and book covers (but not necessarily the book contents) must be family-friendly.
I hope to see you there!
~ JM Ames
Hello again, folks!
I am thrilled to announce that our third Local Author Spotlight reading over at Elissimo Coffee is right around the corner – Thursday, September 5th. Come on by and hear some of your favorite local authors read their art for you!
If you are a local author and want to read in this or future events, please email me at JMAmesAuthor@gmail.com, with the subject ‘Local Author Spotlight at Elissimo,’ and we will get it all set up.
- Lydia Nolan – TBD
- Nick Mazmanian – TBD
- R. M. Morgan – ‘Crown Hunt’
- Caddy Everett – TBD
I hope to see you there!
~ JM Ames