Folks, it is now official. I have written the foreword to Stephanie Ayers‘ upcoming horror collection, The 13: Tales of the Macabre, and it has been accepted. This is a unique honor for me, one which I am quite humbled by.
Fall is shaping up to be quite the busy season!
In addition to two electrifying Flash Fiction anthologies that contain a story of mine coming out, I have had the honor of being asked to write the foreword of an upcoming collection of short stories by a well-known and respected member of the Indie Author community. I am still writing said foreword, but once it is done and the author approves, I will reveal who it is. This really is an incredible honor and a first for me.
Stories I am actively working on:
- Phil – Those of you who have been with me since the beginning may remember this one. It was the very attempt of mine at writing a story. It is quite interesting for me to revisit what I thought was good writing 3 years ago. This is getting a full rewrite. A struggling beauty salon in Cambria, California gets the karmic balance it needs when a highly unusual Rhododendron is placed in it’s waiting area. Fantasy, PG-13.
- Allie’s Dog – Fate brings young Allie together with a young seal pup off of Catalina Island, California. As they grow older, their bond grows unusually deep. When an unnatural disaster threatens the island as a whole, the two must work together to save everyone, including each other. This is a Destiny Reborn story. Fantasy, PG-13.
- Blackstar – Modern-day prospectors search for long-lost veins of gold and silver near Silverado, California. They finally find what they were searching for, but have also found what has been protecting it all these years- and it is not at all happy about that. Fantasy, PG-13
- The Cleansing – Follows a twisted psychopath’s descent into madness, mayhem, and murder. Horror, NC-17.
Which one interests you the most?
Expect the Unexpected.
My wartime family drama ‘Not Yet Dark‘ is going through some minor last-minute revisions, and will be on the Market within a couple days.
Some teasers for other stories in the works:
* Ally’s Dog – Catalina Island-based story of a powerful young girl, and her unusual connection to an unusual seal – and a Pacific leviathan that threatens the California coast. YA Fantasy
*Untitled – Modern prospectors discover a rich vein of silver in the unincorporated mountains of east Orange County, California. Unfortunately, they discover something else that may not let them leave. Horror
Stay well-read, my friends, and remember to always Expect the Unexpected!
Pixie Forest Publishing released their debut anthology, Love Dust, today. While I did not make it into this anthology, I am friends with both of the publishers, as well as many of the authors – some of whom I’ve worked with personally in the previous anthologies*. An incredible amount of talent is behind this book!
“Become immersed in worlds where love is key. In these twelve stories, enjoy tales of new, unexpected, and lost love. Open the pages to discover love that fights through war, abuse, curses, death, and withstands time itself. These stories will touch your heart, make you laugh, and make you cry. Let the authors show you the many ways love can tug at your heartstrings in Love Dust.”
- Susan Gibbons*
- Alisha Massenet
- M.R. Ward*
- Olivia London
- Brandy Bonifas
- Sara Mosier
- Tricia Wentworth
- William Thatch*
- Alan I’Anson
- Barbara Ristine
- Donise Sheppard*
- Jensen Reed
I will give you 20% off the cover price of any one of my books (when ordered direct through me) with proof of purchase of Love Dust. Limit one discount per purchase.
Expect the Unexpected